By Heidi Siefkas
It’s official. It’s summertime. The barbecues are sizzling. Fruity cocktails are chilling. Summer playlists are pumping. Perhaps some of the summer songs remind us all of summers past like a roadtrip with your family, your first kiss at camp, or running through a lawn sprinkler. Summer is the season of adventure and an excuse to embrace our playful side.
It’s time for an adventure!
Most of us are on autopilot with our normal, but hectic routine of juggling carpool schedules, meeting agendas, and meal planners in our Smartphone. However, summer gives us a great excuse to break from that routine. With school out of session and summer schedules in full swing, there is no time better than now to do something new, exciting, and full of adventure.
This summer take the #SASSYLIFE Summer Adventure Challenge.
The rules are easy:
- Commit to an adventure – an activity that is new, all consuming, and perhaps fearful. It can be physical, mental, emotional, or a combination of all three.
- Share your adventure plans with another #SASSYREVOLUTION sister. Perhaps she and others will join you?
- Enjoy the adventure and share with us by posting pictures and tagging #SASSYLIFE on Facebook.
Reminder: You don’t have to be an adrenaline junkie to participate. Not all adventures require jumping out of an airplane or swimming with sharks.
Need inspiration and some adventure ideas?
Here are some #SASSYLIFE summer adventure teasers:
- Have you always wanted to learn to SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard)? Why not this summer?
- Are you interested in finding love again? Perhaps this summer is the time to accept a blind date or tweak your online dating profile.
- Have you been procrastinating on learning Spanish? Why not take your Rosetta Stone to the beach? A 2018 summer adventure could be to Puerto Rico, Spain, or Cuba!
Remember summer camp is not just for kids. Adults need a good dose of R&R and adventure too! Let 2017 be your summer of adventure!
What’s your #SASSYLIFE adventure this summer?
Share your adventure with us before the 6th Annual SSL Conference August 25-26th via Facebook. Remember to tag #SASSYLIFE with your picture so the SSL community can see it too!
About Heidi Siefkas
Heidi Siefkas is an author, speaker, and adventurer. Originally from small-town Wisconsin, Heidi hangs her hat in South Florida. However, as an adventurer, Heidi is rarely home for very long. The author of three inspirational, non-fiction books, When All Balls Drop, With New Eyes, and Cubicle to Cuba, she has created the mantra Look Up and speaks to groups worldwide. You can connect with her at www.heidisiefkas.com.